What is the NDIS
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way of providing support to Australians living with a significant and permanent disability.
The NDIS provides eligible Australians with the reasonable and necessary support to live an ordinary life, and to be more independent and actively participate in their communities.
It offers the person choice and control over how, when and where they use their supports to achieve their goals.
The IUIH NDIS Readiness Project team will do what they can to help you understand this new scheme.
You can find more information by reading the Frequently Asked Questions document - or you can
- visit www.ndis.gov.au
- call the Government information line on 1800 800 110 between 8am and 11pm Monday to Friday
- email the IUIH NDIS team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information sessions will be held at the following locations (all at 10am)
- 26 April – YBB - Capalaba - My Horizon, 1/15A Runnymede Rd, Capalaba
- 3 May – Brisbane ATSICHS – Gabba - Level 1, 55 Annerley Road, Woolloongabba QLD
- 9 May – Brisbane ATSICHS – Logan - 41 Station Road, Logan Central QLD
- 2 May *9:30am – Kalwun – Miami - Miami Beach Surf Life Saving Club - 2 Hythe St, Miami
- 17 May *9:30am – Kalwun – Miami - Miami Beach Surf Life Saving Club - 2 Hythe St, Miami
- 22 May – Brisbane ATSICHS – Logan - 41 Station Road, Logan Central QLD
- 28 June – Moreton ATSICHS – TBA
- 10 July – Moreton ATSICHS - TBA