IUIH is funded to provide both Commonwealth Home Support Program and Home Care Package supports in the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Hervey Bay regions. These are delivered under IUIH’s innovative and nationally acclaimed System of Care model which ensures seamless assessment and navigation of Elders to access health and aged care services.
IUIH Home Support services include:
- Transport – helping to get out and about
- Social support – assistance with errands, getting to appointments etc
- Domestic assistance – household jobs like cleaning, washing and cooking
- Food preparation – helping with buying, preparing and storing food
- Personal care – bathing, dressing, hair care and toileting
- Minor yard maintenance
- Nursing care – assistance with wound care and taking medication
- Centre-based care – groups and activities
- Allied services – introduction to a range of therapies such as physiotherapy, exercise physiology, occupational therapy and dental and optical services.
Nearly 60% of IUIH’s community aged care staff identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, all of whom are trained by IUIH to Certificate 3 level training under IUIH’s award winning Deadly Jobs training strategy.
IUIH has recieved national recognition from Awards Australia, through its win of the 2020 Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award. Click here for more information.